In Toronto, we are lucky to have an amazing amount of options for ‘tourist attractions.’ The reason we are lucky for this is that on holidays, when you are stuck at home and your kids are driving you crazy, you can find places that are still open to get out and see more of our beautiful city. Sure, they might be a little packed, and it might be pricey, but if you are looking for some fun and interactive activities, there are definitely some great options in the city. Here is a short list of some great places open on New Year’s Day.
- Ontario Science Centre – A great day trip for families, the OSC has many amazing activities and interactive spaces for all ages. It is definitely an enjoyable space for everyone.
- Toronto Zoo – It might be a little cold, but the zoo is a wonderful and fun place for kids and adults alike. They offer so many indoor and outdoor exhibits; everyone can find something they love.
- CN Tower – For anyone who hasn’t been up the CN Tower, this is a must see for any Torontonian. Offering fun activities and a great view of the city, this is a wonderful way to get out of the house.
- Royal Ontario Museum – If you are looking for something educational but amusing, this is the place. With hundreds of amazing displays to choose from, you’re guaranteed a fantastic day for all.
- Toronto Eaton Centre – When planned activities and exhibitions just won’t do, shopping is always a great pick. Head to the Eaton Centre from some great deals and amazing options.
- The Movies – This is one of the best New Year’s Day options, in my opinion. Fewer crowds, less hustle, and many great flicks to choose from, this no-pressure option is a great way to get out of the house.
I hope you have a safe and happy new year!